Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

More monsoon magic

 


We had another monsoon dump yesterday that put a rainbow over my house and magic light in the sky. I got another inch in my rain gauge.


Meanwhile, on the east side there were three flash flood rescues within half an hour. Fortunately no one was injured except maybe the cars. 



On my neighborhood walk this morning I saw the remnants of the storm in new ponds and big puddles. I always think of reflections in water as magical.



This Mexican bird of paradise is reflected in what's normally a gravel walkway.


The barrel cacti love a good rain.



I think the pink flower is oleander. It added more color to my walk. And more rain is forecast for later today!


Have a colorful day


6 comments:

  1. Wow! That photo of the rainbow over your house . . . no words. Particularly like your reflection photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful clouds and reflections. Terrible flash floods. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Del. If you see this would you send me your email address because I haven’t been able to reply to you.

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures as always especially that rainbow! However, I had no idea you would get that much rain. Amazing. Love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, during the summer monsoon season Tucson gets about six inches of rain at the airport, but those of us near the mountains get more.

      Delete
  4. Wow, you guys have really been getting it this year! They said it was going to be stronger than usual, and it came through! Beautiful photos as always, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete