This was the week of sitting inside during the rain and heat and making more snow lady wool ornaments for my holiday bazaar. Just these eight took the better part of several days, and now it's time to turn to something else for awhile. But I'll return to them later -- I still have lots of colors of wool to use!
This is my favorite, a spiffy white-haired blue-eyed lady in hot pink!
They're more labor intensive than you'd think. First I cut out the bodies and embroider the eyes and mouth with French knots and a back stitch. Then I tie on buttons to coordinate with the scarf and hat colors. The balls of perle cotton will be the hair.
The most creative part (besides the thrill of choosing the colors) is doing a variety of hair and hat styles. I did this lady's curly salt and pepper hair with French knots. I also tack the scarves down just the way I want them to hang with invisible stitches. I've come up with a handful of hat styles, and I'm sure there will be more! Then the final touch, the glueing on of the nose which will also be tacked down with invisible stitches.
I think I need to make some brunettes.
I also realize that I'm missing purple! That'll be next.
Have a colorful day
.jpeg)











5 comments:
How fun! I hope they all find their families at your Christmas bazaar!
So fun!
Great gals!
These are adorable! And you don't have to tell ME how time intensive these are. Sometimes it's the "little" projects that take so much time and effort AND attention to detail. You've done such a great job of individualizing each and every one.
These already have personalities and are so sweet!
Post a Comment