Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A few projects


I still haven't made any truly creative art quilts in awhile, but I am sewing. Here's what's going on in the studio:

* Another jelly roll quilt (they're addictive) is almost done. I'm going to add more black accents before I do the quilting, which I hope will be this week. I'm backing it with a lime green flannel so that it'll be a cozy lap quilt.

* I can't show you the next project, except for the fabric. Last Christmas my Twisted Nut Stitchers group decided to make each other placemats for this year's Christmas exchange. We decided on a fabric line so that everything would coordinate, but the patterns will be a surprise. I started mine today, but since they're supposed to be a surprise I can't show the work.


Hope you're all being creative -- or at least content.

Have a colorful day

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Love the colors in your jelly roll top!!! Very cool!