Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, January 3, 2014

Wonky log cabin II

 

My daughter's wonky log cabin graduation quilt in the last post was so much fun that I'm making another one for myself.


The theme of this one is "seasons." I planned to make two blocks for each season, but the boundaries got sort of blurred and I ended up with four that could be winter with a little fall color, and four that could pass for spring or summer.


I auditioned two of my hand-painted fabrics for the center block and decided on the brighter one. The grey would make more sense, imparting the feeling of a moody sky as the seasons change, but I like bright colors better.


Here's the finished center block, with a big bright sun, blue sky and brilliant green hills -- my happy  place!

Have a colorful day

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Beautiful - can't wait to see the completed quilt top!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I love this! And I love the seasons theme... anything but gray and murky, right? Have fun!

Unknown said...

Work :)
It is fabulously Awesome:)
wooden stretcher bars

Robbie said...

Love the wonky look! And your colors are wonderful as usual!