Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring tidbits

 
It's Spring and I'm feeling restless, jumping from one project to another. I finally set together the batik squares that I pieced last year, and I've been slowly adding more embroidery to the yoga quilt that I also started last year.



Outside, I bought some flower baskets for the front porch. I guess that means it's time to take down those icicle lights that have been dangling on the porch since December. I love icicle lights, and we still have them strung around the inside of the living room and kitchen. Those will need to come down soon, as our landlord wants to move back into his house and we have to move to a new one soon.


It's supposed to rain today, but since it hasn't so far I went for a walk and snapped photos of spring flowers. The dandelion was the only one that wasn't blurred, so here it is in all its lone glory. I used to get very upset as a kid when my dad was ready to mow the lawn and murder all the dandelions and violets, so I'd run through the yard and pick as many as I could. I still love them and hate to see them mowed down.


Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Love the colors...kids sent me pics of hail storm from this weekend! Daughter was out of power for over 20 hours...guess they won't be putting plants outside for awhile!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Gads... the thought of moving puts shivers down my spine! Hope you find a wonderful new house and have an uneventful (aka easy!) move, just in time to enjoy summer! BTW, I love your batik squares... lovely colors!