Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Fog and sun


This is how it looked yesterday morning from our back deck. Grey. Then I set the camera's white balance for cloudy and it turned the world a pretty blue. (I guess I could wear blue sunglasses for the same effect -- or rose colored ones.)


Later in the day the fog cleared and late afternoon sun made these wonderful highlights on a piece of gnarly, barnacle-encrusted driftwood.


Have a colorful day

5 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

You DO need rose-colored glasses! I heard about your (or at least Seattle's) record-setting rainfall. I feel for you...

At one point in my life I wore those transition lenses that would magically darken in the sun. The photo-brown versions made any day more warm and inviting.

As for your camera - I think it was trippin' ;-)

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Awesome driftwood! That looks like fodder for a thermofax screen... just sayin'!

Donna said...

Hi Just joining your site. I love color too. I am an art quilter and enjoy all the texture and colors you explore.
Moving to Gig Harbor Soon !
Donna

Sherrie Spangler said...

Donna -- You're a no-reply blogger so I can't contact you, but thank you for joining my site. Sending an early welcome to Gig Harbor!

Donna said...

Hi
I think I fixed my Blog so you can comment if you like.
After a month here, we have to leave. It's been beautiful.
We will return this Fall.
Look forward to meeting you all. Donna