Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Sew Day color explosion


It was another color explosion last Friday with Sew Day With the Nuts! We were greeted with a lovely breakfast table setting at Carolynn's house -- her gorgeous crazy quilt table runner and roses from her garden floating is a sea star bowl.


Breakfast had one of my favorite food color combos, cantaloupe and blueberries. That's a breakfast casserole behind it, and it was gooood.




Show and tell commenced with a painted floor cloth made by Linda J. and a cute bird pincushion that she also made. The bird is from the book "Pincushion Appeal" by Cecile McPeak and Rachel Martin, published by Martingale.


 The projects being worked on also included birds, birds, birds:




... Except for mine. I was surrounded by a pile of bright strips for a baby quilt I'm making. Love how they matched my coffee cup.


Then, onward to lunch! Carolynn served a taco salad and a dreamy low-cal cheesecake that I forgot to take a picture of.


We ate outside, where we had glorious views of Carolynn's garden and the Puget Sound. Flowers grow really well here in the Northwest -- unless they're planted by me. I'm a terrible gardener.






This last shot has nothing to do with Sew Day, but I wanted to show off my newest furry grandchild, Bailey the Bunny, who visited over the weekend with Julia.


Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Robbie said...

The food at your outings always looks so good!!! And I'm impressed with all the show and tell! What a fun day!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Lots of beautiful pix! Ooh, how I covet the Hydrangea.... always loved them, and have yet to be able to grow them well! And I love the picture of Julia with her new sweet bunny!