Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Lights, lights, lights!



I had a request to show this year's lights, so here they are in all their twinkly glory. We hang them all along the inside of the dining room and living room windows, plus put them on little trees clustered in the corners. They sure brighten up the night, and because they're reflected in the windows it looks like we have twice as many!


The shot below shows the little area where I hand sew in my favorite wicker chair, looking out over the water. Even on a grey day the water is still calming.


The next shot shows the Christmas basket quilt that I made last month, inspired by Gwen Marston's quilt in "Liberated Quiltmaking II."


My new lights this year are battery-operated flickering candles that I found on Amazon at a great price. I bought two sets of three, then I found some thinner ones for really cheap and bought a set of them. You can never have too many candles on a winter night.



Here is my favorite snowman feeding the birds, which I bought many years ago at a Christmas craft fair in Rockford, IL. The chickadee wool appliqué is the piece I just finished last month.


This chili wreath came from Pike Place Market last month. It's drying out nicely and is completely edible. The chilies are from a farm in eastern Washington.


So there you have it -- this year's lights! 

If you're interested in last year's lights post, click here: http://sherriequilt.blogspot.com/2015/12/winter-white-lights.html


Have a bright night

3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sherrie! And I love the candles... what a great idea! Thanks for sharing your holiday decor'... makes me feel like a slacker, 'cause I do so little, but I do enjoy seeing yours!

Lynda said...

Love your lights! I also love those candles. I remember buying artificial candles years ago. I have noticed that they really have improved them and now they look real! Love the chickadee wool piece. I don't do much decorating, but have had the itch this year to at least put up the small trees outside. Need to do it soon before the season is over! Thanks for the tour.

Robbie said...

Beautiful, beautiful...just beautiful! So warm and inviting!