Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, February 10, 2017

Ready to embellish



I just finished whip stitching down the last wool appliqué piece for my "Imperial Blooms" quilt (pattern by Sue Spargo).


Now I'm ready to embellish!


I'm taking this project to Sedona next month, so I pulled out all the beads and threads that I think I'll need. Luckily, there's a good bead store there in case I "need" more.


Besides seed beads and bugles, I may use these dagger beads, which should stand up nicely and give added dimension. I also like to use discs and sequins and anchor them with tiny beads.


My favorite thread for embroidery is perle cotton No. 8, which is big enough to show up well on a quilt. My favorite source is Laura Wasilowski's hand-dyed thread at www.artfabric.com.



This silk will add sheen. I haven't used it much yet, but I plan to on the flowers.


Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Oh, boy! Looks like you have the most important part packed for the trip! And the bead store is always an option, if you "run out" while you're there. I wouldn't mind stopping there either... always a fun place to visit!