Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Projects, projects


I finally unpacked my sewing bin from Sedona, plus I made a trip to the Quilted Strait yesterday and added some new purchases. So now my projects are all organized on my sewing table and ready to go -- I just have to decide what to do first!

I bought the jacket pattern and drapey rayon batik fabric at the quilt shop in Sedona. I haven't made a garment in ages, but they had a sample on display and it sucked me in. I'm going to make the longer version.


And yesterday, the sample "Hello Pouches" also sucked me in. The top half is made from vinyl, so you can see what's in the pouch. 


I also bought backing fabric yesterday for the two tiny house quilts. All the fabric was 20% off, which is why Carol and I went. It was also a rainy day, which always calls for a trip to a quilt shop.


In Prescott last month, I bought these luscious green prints to use in reversible placemats. I already have plenty of napkins in that green, because it's one of my favorite colors and I consider it my neutral.


I'm still working on my wool applique. 


It's taken over a big portion of my work table, with oodles of threads, trims, buttons and beads. It's a happy spot!


And I just realized that I never sewed a hanging sleeve or label on my color block quilt from last year.  Must get that done before we hang our STITCH library show next month.


The deck off of my sewing room is looking inviting, but it's been raining off and on all morning and now we're under a gale warning, so I won't be sewing out there today. Soon those rhodies will be blooming!


Have a colorful day


4 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Ooo, you've been busy! Oh, the allure of samples. There's a reason they put them up! That looks like a great jacket and in that rayon batik, should be stylish and comfy. Oddly enough, I too have been thinking about sewing a jacket, although I don't have anything specific in mind yet, and haven't sewn a piece of clothing in years and years. We'll see how yours goes before I dive in - lol.

Robbie said...

Well, your goodies all look like fun and should keep you busy until the end of summer!!! HA

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I have that jacket pattern, and if I recall, used white rayon which I then dyed... great style, and you will probably find it easy to follow. I'm not much on sewing garments either, but this one was pretty easy. Love all your projects, and hopefully the deck will soon be a lovely place for your stitch projects. Can't wait to see more pix!

Edith Bieri-Hanselmann said...

Hi Sherrie, it Looks like you will be quite busy with all your Project. I enjoyed reading about your trip to Sedona. Hope you are fine.
Greetings from Switzerland
Edith