Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Feb/March Challenge Week 5



I can't believe we're halfway through the Feb/March Challenge! I don't have much sewing to show for the past week except for my bowl because I've mainly been hiking. By the time I get home and cleaned up and eat, I'm usually too tired to sew.


But I have done sporadic work on my coiled bowl. I used up a whole 72-foot bundle of poly rope and spliced in a second one. I'm just going to keep on until I feel it's done. Lord knows I won't run out of fabric!


Here are some photos from yesterday's seven-mile hike, my longest yet:


We hadn't planned on doing seven miles, but the trail was easy after the initial climb so we kept going, and then on the way back we missed our turnoff to the parking lot so we logged an extra mile. But we met a lot of nice people who we stopped to chat with, and we even met up again with the horses from my last post!




We thought the upper part of this saguaro looks like the Michelin Man with his chubby tummy and arms. And speaking of chubby, I made some double chocolate muffins this past week, but I figure I earned them with all of the hiking.

I'm linking to Lynda's challenge post so you can see what she's done this past week:

feb-march-challenge-week-5

Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

The bowl is huge! I'm so used to doing smaller ones, they look puny compared to yours, which is bright and beautiful BTW.
Good for you, all that hiking... at least you have a way to burn the calories from those yummy-looking muffins! ;-0

Robbie said...

Wow..7 miles! Good for you!!!! Now, you need to share that chocolate muffin recipe!!! They look delicious! And you are right...even before I ready your post comment, I thought that cactus looked like a person! HA Michelin Man is a perfect model for him! HA