Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Thanksgiving gratitude




Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving! This year I am especially grateful for the new friends I made this past year since moving to Tucson. I'll be sharing Thanksgiving dinner with some of them, which sure will beat last year's lonely holiday when I didn't fly to family because of Covid and didn't know anyone here yet.


Besides new friends, old friends, and far-flung family, I'm also grateful for the everyday beauty of my Sonoran Desert home. Here's how fall looks!



Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.

    -- Melody Beattie

Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend! I'm so happy that you have made friends and will be spending the day with them! And I love the quote at the end... beautiful!

The Idaho Beauty said...

I love that quotation at the end. Nothing could be more true!