Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Yellow -- the happiest color!


I love yellow! It's such a happy color. My daughter used AI to create yellow flowers behind her and my sweet granddaughter, who is almost four months old now!


Everywhere in Tucson plants are bursting with yellow, like this voluptuous Palo Verde tree in my neighborhood. The one below is next to my driveway, and that's my red ocotillo flower in front of it. 


The barrel cactuses are wearing their yellow crowns ...
 

... which look like little pineapples.



Lemons hang low over the walls on my neighborhood walks.




The prickly pear cactuses are starting to bloom.


My neighbor's yellow roses are spectacular!


Yellow spines make this cactus look almost cuddly.

Wild poppies volunteered in my friend's yard two years ago, starting with just a couple of plants. This spring they cover most of her front yard and have jumped into her courtyard next to her bunny statue.



And my front yard drifts of yellow flowers are still going strong.

All of this yellow inspired me to start another yellow bowl today. I'm adding shots of pink and orange to make it sizzle, like our temps.


 Have a colorful day


6 comments:

Linda Schiffer said...

Your bowl is lovely! I think hot pink is a happy color, too.

I do so enjoy looking at all of your photos and reading about your hikes. So different from the eastern deciduous woodland ecology where I live.

:) Linda

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

What a sunny post, and such a sweet photo of your daughter and grand daughter! Ooh, cant wait to see the bowl when it's complete - you did a great job combining the colors... makes me think of sunshine with just a dash of hot sauce, lol!

Lynda Heines said...

What a sweet picture of your daughter and granddaughter!! Love all of the yellow. So happy!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Well, isn't this a delightful ode to yellow, very welcome when my own day is cold and grey and a bit rainy and not filled with yellow flowers. :-)

sonja said...

The sunflower girls in your life are adorable! So many yellow blossoms and a pineapple impersonator, oh my.
My neighbor has a yellow acacia tree. The locals call it the "scrambled eggs tree" and it is the first to bloom in the new year time,

sonja said...

Oops. a shower tree or Cassia fistula.