Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Feet and Forks hit Copalis Beach


You haven't heard from me in awhile because I've been on a Feet and Forks trip to the beach and the rain forest, all in one! We went to Copalis Beach (famed for its razor clams) on the Washington coast for two nights and I hiked, ate, beach walked, ate, talked, ate, read a cozy mystery by the fire and ate. But I didn't sew, so I don't have any sewing photos.


We were incredibly fortunate to have sunny, warm weather, considering that this was the Washington coast in April, still the rainy season.


Here are the requisite Feet photos ...


and instead of a Forks photo we did French fries.


I'm always on the lookout for anything that may inspire a quilt, whether through color, texture or pattern. Here are a few:





 The hikes through the forest were green and lush:






 The beach hikes were filled with light and blue skies:




The sunsets were gorgeous and definitely will show up in my painted fabric.


And here we are as the Feet and Forks Sasquatch Family:

 
Have a colorful day!
 
 

1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Oh! Lovely... so glad you had good weather! Sounds like a great trip, and I look forward to the creativity that ensues!