Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, July 17, 2017

Glow


I'm a sucker for glowing colors, so I had to take some photos of my latest quilt glowing in the sun. I painted the fabric with Setacolor paints and added sparkle with foil candy wrappers, metallic mesh and lame.


I'm joining the blocks with a big whip stitch and hand-dyed perle cotton thread from Artfabrik.


I also love the way orange day lilies glow against blue-purple hydrangeas from our yard.



And last but not least, this Celtic band glows and shimmers with energy in a concert I saw last week at our little local Boat Shop (where they make boats). The trio is MAC (click here for bio), and they are fantastic!


Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Ooh, love your colors and shimmers! Will have to look for metallic mesh... a new one for me. And your floral photos are great!

sonja said...

Yes! The hydrangea and lily combo photos are yummy!
the Celtic music of MAC had me up and jigging about!!