Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Little houses


It's been ages -- decades, I think -- since I've made a pieced quilt following a pattern. I'm doing it now. I need a mindless project to take to a retreat in a few weeks, so I bought this simple house pattern and cut it out in all of my favorite colors.


Once I'm at the retreat, I won't have to concentrate on cutting and can just have fun churning out the colorful blocks ... 68 of them.


I'm using brights for the houses and black and whites for the background, except for the slightly tan Grunge circle print in the upper right. 

I found the newspaper print fabric at the Sisters, OR, quilt show two years ago, and the other black and whites have been sitting in my stash even longer. I collected the black and whites thinking that I would overpaint them, but that never happened.


The blocks go together quickly -- only five short seams.


I need to stop before I finish them all at home before the retreat!


Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Robbie said...

Love your choice of background fabric! Makes this quilt!!! Have fun at your retreat!!!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

How fun! Looks like a perfect project for your retreat... can't wait to see it finished!