Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Color block for September 2018


I'm a little late doing September's color block, but I just whipped it out. Above are some of the photos from the month, with yellow leaves and yellow mums playing a big part. A lot of green and blue, plus purple for hydrangeas and red for garden tomatoes. Also, some grey rainy days, as usual.


Here is my pile of fabric and the finished block. I used blue thread, because blue skies and water were strong in September.


I realized that my current wool applique project 
is strikingly similar in colors.


Here is the year so far in color, with January in the upper left and the rest following as you would read a book. I'm guessing that October will have colors of fall leaves, pumpkins, the ever present green of evergreens, and a mixture of blue and grey skies.


Have a colorful day


3 comments:

Lynda said...

Sherrie, I absolutely love this project. I want to try this next year! Thanks for the inspiration.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Wow, January sure stands out from the rest when you put them all together like that!

The Idaho Beauty said...

I like this one a lot. One can really see the color connection to the photos and the "pieces " are arranged so well. How interesting to then see how much like the wool project it is. Such an interesting progression too as we view all you've. done so far, that steady progression of the seasons from darkest winter through brightest summer.