Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Happy Mother's Day, Mom


Three generations of Spangler women a few years ago.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom and to all of you out there who are moms!


My beautiful mother, RoseMarie, is 89, raised four kids, and is still going strong, but I thought I'd also show you some photos from when she was younger. I took the black and white photo in 1962 with my Brownie camera. It shows her with my two younger sisters on our back yard swing set in Pittsburgh.


Christmas 1963 with our family, above, in South Park Township, Pittsburgh. From left front: my sister Terry, me, Kathleen and Kevin.


Twenty seven years later, Christmas 1990 with my daughter, her granddaughter, in our house in Manhattan, KS. Notice a resemblance?


Christmas 1993, looking content in her LA home.


Here she is, above, with my kids in March 1989 after we moved to St. Louis. She was 57 in that photo.

The one below is of her with her older brother in Southern California, I think in the early '80s.



This next one is also in the early '80s and in California. My parents moved to San Diego then, and later to Los Angeles where they still live.


She loves flowers! This next photo is 2012 in her front yard in Los Angeles.

And here she is in the back yard with more flowers in 2018, so she would've been 86.

Besides loving flowers, she also loves looking at the ocean ...

... and watching the sunset from the cliffs. Here she is with my dad in 2007.


Below: Mom with her daughters, Kathleen, Terry and me, in 2017 when we gathered for my dad's 86th birthday. 


And this is a more recent photo with Terry, my middle sister:


Last but not least, here she is with little Bunners (her great grand "daughter") in 2008. 

We love you, Mom!!!


Have a colorful day

3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

What wonderful pictures of her and your family! Happy Mothers' Day to you and her!

Robbie said...

How wonderful to have 'met' your mom through your blog!!! Hope you both had a pleasant Mother's Day!
p.s. The mention of South Park! OMG..I learned to ski there on one of the side roads...wasn't much of a hill! HA And swimming at south park almost daily in the summer...watching horse shows and events...we even saw The Long Ranger and Tonto there one year!!!! Sure brings back the memories!

Lynda said...

Sherrie,

What wonderful pictures and memories you have. You are so fortunate to still have your mom. Thanks for sharing her with us!