Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Some sewing finishes


I've been stitching a lot this past week and finally finished the desert quilt that my friend requested for her new winter home in Arizona. I had fun adding little extra touches, like the beading on Kokopelli.


I also finished the spirit dolls commissioned by another friend for her to give as presents. She sent me descriptions of each friend's personality and I used that as inspiration for the dolls. Here are just a few:


This one is for a counselor who
 reaches out a helping hand.


This one, no surprise, is for a golf fanatic.

A veterinarian's assistant calls for animal charms.


The green is for a woman from Ireland who loves to hike (note the yarn trails).


A seed necklace and flowered dress
 are for a gardener's doll.


And I'm lusting after this cactus phone cover that a friend has. I saw it when we had lunch today. Also love her colorful nail polish.

Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the quilt, and the dolls are great! You may just have created a niche biz, custom dolls!

Robbie said...

Your dolls are so amazing and fit each recipient!