Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, June 18, 2022

"What a Wonderful World"

 

As we enter monsoon season (official start date is June 15), my eyes are on the sky while praying for rain to cool off the desert. We've had a few sprinkles at my place so far.

My eyes are also on the calendar, counting down the days until my air conditioning will be restored. I've gotten through six days without AC in temps of over 100 degrees. I have six more to go.

Here is last night's sunset, with monsoon clouds gathering.


Sometimes I stay here at night; other times I stay with friends. During the days I spend a lot of time sipping iced tea in restaurants, reading at Barnes & Noble, and walking the aisles of stores with blessed AC. It's gotten up to 110!

The other day I slept over at Beth's. In the morning we walked and saw this wonderful plaque on the side of a home with the words to "What a Wonderful World."


"I see trees of green
red roses too.
I see them bloom
for me and you.
And I think to myself
what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue
and clouds of white.
The bright blessed day
the dark sacred night.
And I think to myself
what a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow
so pretty in the sky
are also on the faces
of people going by.
I see friends shaking hands
saying, 'How do you do?'
They're really saying
'I love you.'

I hear babies cry
I watch them grow.
They'll learn much more
than I'll never know.
And I think to myself
what a wonderful world.

Yes I think to myself
what a wonderful world."


Speaking of the monsoon, I'm celebrating with a 15% off everything Monsoon Sale in my Etsy shop:  www.sherrielovescolor.etsy.com

Have a colorful day


2 comments:

sonja said...

indeed, a wonderful world as seen through your camera lens and you.
" What a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong is on my list of classical favorite song list!!! can't hear that with out watering eyes!
glad you can stay cool, just a little bit longer...
. i had a quilting friend that told me about putting ice cubes in here shorts pockets. i added one to each side of jog top. cool!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I do hope you get the benefit of the Monsoons down there too! We had a lovely rain yesterday, with more forecast for the coming week. So glad you have friends you can stay with when needed, and lots of places with A/C to keep you cool until the new A/C is installed in your home. Meanwhile, thank you for the lovely photos, and the sentiment as well.