Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Christmas decorations are up!


I just finished putting up the Christmas decorations, so now I can enjoy them the entire month of December and well into the new year! Outside, I stuck red and gold Christmas ornaments on the tips of my yucca plants -- an idea I see around town here where it's sunny and we don't have to worry about snow. I hung a fresh wreath on the front door, but I still have to gussy it up with some red berries and a big red bow.

Inside, I have battery-operated candles everywhere -- coffee table, dining room table, end tables, mantle, bedside table, guest room, bathroom, kitchen counter. Combined with the Christmas tree lights and white icicle lights that I leave up year-round in the living room, I have quite the cozy atmosphere going on. And if the electricity goes out, I sure won't be in the dark.


The gnome bottle toppers that I made adorn my Kahlua and balsamic vinegar bottles.


I have a skinny pencil tree in the corner because there's no good spot for a full tree.


My daughter said to open this present on Dec. 1 so that I can use it all month. Tomorrow I'll do the reveal!


My stocking was knit by an aunt and is about as old as I am.


Last night I kicked back in my comfy arm chair and watched one of my favorite holiday shows, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." You don't have to be a kid to like that one!

I hope you all are off to a joyful, colorful start of the holiday season!


Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I love your Christmas decorations - always so festive! Want to come do my place? Lol!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Everything looks great! Happy holidays to you . . . :-)