Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Collages for sale!

These are the collages I've been working on all summer, and it's time to offer them up for sale! I hand-painted and stamped white fabric and then embellished with embroidery, beading, feathers, sticks, and whatever else caught my fancy. 

They're wrapped around 11x14-inch frames and ready to hang. I'm charging $75 plus $10 for shipping, but when I take them to the gallery I'll probably double that price. If interested, email me at sherriequilt@yahoo.com.

I'm also taking orders for commissions if you want something different. Maybe you have a special charm you'd like incorporated? I've had so much fun making them and I love every single one, but I'm ready to send them out into the world.


"Desert Monsoon"
 
When the torrential summer rains arrive in the Sonoran Desert, everyone comes out to celebrate. The petroglyph figures reference ancient and modern humans celebrating the rain.

______________________________


"Healing Rain"

The parched desert welcomes healing rain that brings nourishment and sustains life here.


________________________________


"Energy"

Inspired by the sun's energy that heats the desert to over 100 degrees. 



____________________________________


"Photosynthesis"

Remember this from science class? It's the process by which green plants use sunlight to synthesize their food. It's what makes the Sonoran Desert green and lush.


_______________________________


"Morning Light"

The colors remind me of a soft sunrise and a pleasant desert morning.


________________________________________


"Protection"

The strong hand offers protection against all the craziness out there!


___________________________________


"Celebration"

Two petroglyph-like figures celebrate! The green spiral represents the womb and its potential for new life. I use spirals a lot to symbolize unfurling life, wind, movement.


_________________________________


"Protection" 

This one is 5x8 and I'm charging $50 plus $10 shipping. The hand says, "Bad things stop here!"
_______________________________


The frames are half an inch deep and the fabric wraps around to the back.
_____________________________


This is a commission for someone who liked "Morning Light" but wanted more saturated colors. I've been having fun working on it this week since I got back from my trip.


And these are two that have sold:


"Web of Life"


"Strength"
(when it was in progress)

Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Wonderful creations! I love your petroglyph figures, and the colors you used are perfect! Hope you sell lots!