Every summer since I moved to Tucson I wait for that magical moment when the Texas Rangers detect just the right amount of moisture in the air to make all the plants in the same area burst into bloom. In my yard it happened a few days ago.
Here are some from the last few years, all in July when the monsoon usually kicks into gear.
Texas Rangers, also known as Texas Sage (Leucophyllum frutescens), thrive on our summer heat. They bloom during our summer monsoon season, which runs from mid-June through the end of September, but most of the blooming I've seen is in July.
You can find these big purple bushes all over town, in parking lots and yards. They can grow from 3-8 feet high and 4-6 feet wide, but some of the one's I've seen are wider.
The one above is in a Walgreen's parking lot and the one below is in my front yard. They're so spectacular that sometimes I pull my car off the road to get a picture.
Finally, I came across this fancy beverage in a purple glass in my photos while I was looking for the Rangers. It goes well with them!
Have a colorful day










No comments:
Post a Comment