Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Staying home

 


Stormy Tucson sky

Since my post Monday about the Spokane fires, I decided to cancel my trip there and to Gig Harbor because of the ongoing fires and toxic smoke. 

I'll take our monsoon instead. This was our sky Monday night, along with a blaring warning on my phone about dangerous blowing dust on the highways and thunderstorms.


I didn't encounter the dust, but my car was rocking and rolling as I drove home and debris was skittering across the road! The skies were beautiful and dramatic and we got a little much needed rain.




The fires are still raging in Spokane, 65,000 people are still evacuated, my daughter's neighborhood is still safe. But they've arrested someone and charged him with starting one of the fires -- unbelievable and so heart breaking to think all that loss could have been prevented.

So now I have an empty schedule for the next two weeks and will sew. I just made this year's Christmas ornament for Juniper. Her favorite color for the moment is blue.

Have a colorful day


No comments: