Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, April 2, 2010

Storm and red rhodies


It's gray, gray, gray outside. Whitecaps on the bay, above. Our neighbor Dick said, "Biggest windstorm since 1997, they say," as he settled into his chair by the fire with the newspaper and three content dogs at his feet.

I had popped over for a visit before the rain hit and to give his wife, Rosemary, a little coiled fabric basket that I made for her in the colors of the Norwegian flag. (They're Norwegian, as are a lot of folks out here.) She took me up in the attic to show me a family heirloom crazy quilt, then downstairs to look at a beautiful blue and white quilt on the guest room bed.

Here is the basket, along with some gorgeously huge red rhodies that brighten our living room. Rhodies grow everywhere out here.

I'm slowly getting the hang of this blog thing.

S


No comments: