Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Belated Summer Solstice


Normally I make a big deal out of

Summer Solstice
because I crave sunshine.
I forgot to post about it Monday,
so here, two days late and two days into
the
descent
into
winter,

are some summer quilts:

"The Purple People Celebrate Summer"
Juried into the International Quilt Festival-Houston, 2000

"Beach Houses"
Rejected from IQF's West Coast Wonders, 2008


Detail from "Beach Houses"
I painted most of the fabric and embellished it with yarn and beads.


BAM! Let there be light!
This is a 4x6 inch fabric postcard that I donated to a cancer fund-raiser in 2006 at the International Quilt Festival in Chicago. Some nice person with good taste bought it for $30, but I don't know who.
I titled it "Energy Exchange."


Have a Sunny Day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: