Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cabbage, kale and a quilt


To continue yesterday's garden update: We have more cabbages than we know what to do with, and the kale (below) is a forest. Bunners lives for kale, and I know I should eat more because it's good for the eyes. In the winter I use kale in white bean soup with a lot of garlic (which is coming along nicely) and rosemary.


This is Bunner's best part of the day
-- fresh kale in the kitchen.
He's too overwhelmed to eat it in the garden.


Still working on my silk organza quilts.

Have a colorful day!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cabbage & Kale YUM!!!
Do you make sauerkraut? I can help... Also-thanks to Dr andrew Weil I have the best kale salad recipe ever!
http://www.foxrc.com/tfk_recipes/TFK_Kale_Salad.pdf