Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, April 8, 2011

Beading in the SUN!!!


The SUN came out today!!!


Light-deprived citizens throughout the land came out to soak up the sunshine. I decided it was a good day to add gold beads to the petro people's landscape, so I took my supplies out on the front porch in our patch of sun.


Then I took a break from that project to haul another one out of the vault:


I started this one a year or two ago, inspired by the design on my yoga mat. I tried embroidering by machine with decorative stitches and rayon thread, but decided I liked the hand embroidery better.





I wasn't the only one drawn outside by the sun. Our neighbor Dick pruned the apple trees, giving Ben Bailey plenty of new sticks to chew on.


Is spring finally here?



Have a colorful day!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Loving what I see of both quilts so far--fabulous touchable textures! Love the color choices too...

Ladybug said...

Beautiful work - and as far as I'm concerned, hand work is ALWAYS better!