Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, November 21, 2014

Snippets


This is what it looked like at only 3:30 from our living room a few afternoons ago. Beautiful, but so early! The rain makes me want to drink coffee and read all day, while the early dark has me heading to bed hours earlier than the rest of the year. Hibernation time. Not much sewing going on, but I did make these two dolls for some special friends:


Another friend brought two big bunches of cheerful orange flowers over a few weeks ago and even when the last few started drooping I kept them to brighten up the kitchen. I love flowers in all their phases.


For years I've been looking for a nice date book where I can record birthdays, and I just found this one on sale at our local quilt shop. Lots of eye candy and inspiration.


And of course there's nothing better on a rainy day than visiting Rocket Donuts in Bellingham. Here I am with Julia and my sister and her husband a few weeks ago. Love those custard filled donuts.
 

The rain and dark days also call for a lot of cuddling with Bunners.


Have a colorful day

4 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Beautiful pictures, but I share your thoughts about the changing seasons. It's still pretty sunny here, with wonderful wispy fall clouds, but the days are shorter, and the temps are lots cooler. Went to Cottonwood the other day, and their temps are at least 20 degrees warmer than Flagstaff!

Lynda said...

Sherrie, Love your dolls and your pictures! And I know what you mean about hibernating. I have a heck of a time getting out of bed this time of the year! But the positive for me is not feeling guilty playing inside. Have a great weekend!

The Idaho Beauty said...

So pretty much pitch black here by 4:30 and my brain says, ok - done for the day - even though there's still the option of many productive hours before I settle in for the evening (going to bed early is never on my radar - I'm up late watching tv or reading). So hard to keep myself "working" once it gets dark. It's what I hate about the time change - bad enough to have so many hours of darkness, but criminal to artificially move up their start by an hour.

Robbie said...

Dolls are so cute!!! And that flower makes me think you are in Florida or else it's summer!!! Perfect!