Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, May 18, 2015

Sew Day on the deck

Linda in action on the back deck during Sew Day.

Yesterday was Sew Day with the Nuts at my house, which means I did panic cleaning and set a colorful table. I found this vivid cotton tablecloth at a yard sale for $4.


I made my first French toast casserole for breakfast, along with turkey sausage and fresh berries. It turned out pretty good -- I'll definitely put it in my recipe box.

For lunch (below) we moved out onto the deck to enjoy the sunshine, warm temps and view of the water. I made a version of Starbucks' chicken BLT salad sandwich for lunch along with fruit and chocolate chip cookies. The chicken salad had bacon bits and pieces of sundried tomatoes.



Everyone was doing handwork so it was easy to move outside. Here's what was going on out on the deck in between cookies and just watching the water:
 







Nancy brought her projects and supplies in this colorful bag that she made. It's filled with big Ziploc bags to organize everything:




Have a colorful day

5 comments:

Robbie said...

What a fun day!!! Love seeing all the handwork!! You know that's my first love!!

Living to work - working to live said...

Count me in for your next sew day. I'll just pop over!! Seriously you live in heaven!!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Beautiful, as usual! Food sounds yummy! And I love that you had sunshine and blue skies...

Marti said...

Thanks for sharing all the lovely works in progress! All beautiful colors and the tablecloth is such a great find. ps: I was thumbing through some of my old QA mags last night and came across pics of your work. It made me smile and I thought, "I *know* that girl!"

Vivian Helena said...

we are going traveling and this time I thought I would bring some drawing materials.. need to practice, but everyone doing hand work is inspiring, might just rethink that. What if I got some where, and did not have hand work.... oh no! there is still the I pad.. hummmm