Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Seattle signs and symbols




Dave and I took the ferry over to Seattle a few weeks ago and my camera's eye noticed signs and symbols of the famous city. From coffee to a moss-covered bike, yoga, rainbow pride and the iconic Space Needle, they were all there.



Speaking of coffee, we came across Starbucks' new shrine, its Reserve Roastery and Tasting Room. For more info go to roastery.starbucks.com

We didn't stay in it long because it was too noisy and crowded and it was much nicer to be walking outside. On a rainy day, however, I could see spending time there.








This last photo captures three great Seattle symbols: a ferry, the ferris wheel and the Space Needle. I took it as we were about to take off for home. It was sunny and warm so we sat on the upper deck and enjoyed the ride.



Have a colorful day

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I just met some friends this winter who lie in Seattle! I didn't recognize the web site...will check it out! Thanks...looks like you had a good trip and fun time walking around!!