Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Feet & Forks hike Tacoma Water Flume Trail


I haven't done any sewing worth blogging about since I finished the basket quilt, but I did walk almost five miles with the Feet & Forks yesterday in Tacoma.

We walked along the Water Flume Line Trail, which follows the path of an old open wooden flume that conveyed water more than 100 years ago from Spanaway Lake to a reservoir. The water was later found to be unclean, so the flume was taken apart. Now it's a nice paved path for walkers and bikers and goes 2 1/2 miles one way through some parks and neighborhoods.




Since Forks is part of our name, we ended by eating at the Edison City Ale House, where we had some delicious sandwiches but no ale. 


We didn't have forks, so pickles and peppers had to stand in. Look at the size of those turkey sandwiches!



Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Robbie said...

I love walking! (Good thing since I have two walks a day with the dogs! HA)...what an interesting trail! Thanks for sharing...and the sandwich did look good! Love the peppers too!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I do wish I could find some gals to form a chapter of Feet & forks, but haven't had much luck so far! The sandwiches look super yummy, and I love the scenery in the first shot. Plenty of time for sewing when the weather gets bad, right? ;-)