Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, November 21, 2016

My little (wool) chickadees


Now that I'm addicted to stitching on wool, I did another little project over the weekend. The chickadee candle mat is from a kit that I bought almost two years ago and will be perfect for winter decorating.


I embroidered a feather stitch in green around the inner circle. I did a tiny whip stitch with one strand of DMC cotton embroidery floss to appliqué down the little pieces. (That's a half-inch appliqué pin in the photo.) It was very satisfying to finish it so quickly -- now I need to find another project!


Have a colorful day

5 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

LOVE this!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I love the simple beauty of the design, and your stitching is beautiful! The birdies remind me of some that come to my feeders. BTW, no snow at our level yesterday, but the peaks got some so I will be taking pix later to share on FB.

Lynda said...

Sherrie, I love these chicks. I sure wish I had the patience for hand stitching.

sonja said...

Adorable ! At first glance i saw a tree skirt!! We have some java rice birds occasionally that look similar. Your work is beautiful and soothing to look at. We are so thankful for smart hands, yes!

Robbie said...

The chickadee candle mat is adorable and your workmanship wonderful! Think you have found your calling!