Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, March 13, 2017

A lazy, sunny, Sedona day



Today has been a lazy, warm, sunny Sedona day so far. I feel sorry for those of you experiencing the snow storm in the Midwest and Northeast. And the forecast for my friends back in Washington looks awfully rainy. Wish I could send some of this weather out to everyone.


I started the day by deciding NOT to hike because we were still having coffee at midmorning and the forecast called for a high near 80, which is hotter than we like for hiking. So instead, I stitched.


I've been embroidering my wool appliqué flower blocks. Next I'll do some beading.


Then we left the house and meandered through Tlaquepaque, which is a collection of galleries, shops and restaurants designed with a Mexican village feeling.


The tiled fountains and desert cacti are definitely a world away from Gig Harbor, WA.


Next to Tlaquepaque is Creekside, our favorite restaurant. We sat on the back deck, with a view of the red rocks and the creek bed. I had French toast for lunch, just because I could. Tomorrow, I'll hike it off.


 Have a colorful day



2 comments:

Robbie said...

I do love AZ!!!! I can just imagine sitting outside having 'brunch'. We ate at a Mexican restaurant that had seats on the top 'floor' and you felt like you could touch the red rock! So glad you are having a great time...love your handwork too! As always very nice!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Sounds lovely... just what a vacation should be!