Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Making a new quilt


I spent the last two days holed up in my studio working on a new quilt. First, I painted some cotton squares.


Then I pulled out the other ingredients from my stash of slivers, foil candy wrappers (which I've been collecting for more than 15 years) and fancy stuff like organza, lame and metallic mesh.




The next part is a secret, because I might want to enter the quilt in one of those shows that prohibit previous publication. But at least I've given you a color fix for the day -- and a reason to eat candy!


Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Ooh, that I could be a fly on the wall so I could watch the process! Take pix and post later, okay? And as for the candy wrappers... jeez, I could be keeping you in wrappers until the cows come home, if only I knew! Trouble is, mine have brand info on them, but I'll keep that in mind - could be eating my way to a masterpiece, right? ;-)

Robbie said...

I am really curious now!!!! Good luck...and keep on keeping on!! Can't wait to see what you end up with...saving wrappers for how many years! HA