Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, February 22, 2018

February color block

Photos from February.

I know February isn't over yet, but I think I've collected enough photos of this month's color to do the block for the month. If a big color surprise comes up in the next week, I'll do another block.

It was lighter than last month, with the sun setting noticeably later. Even when it is grey, it seems to be a lighter grey than in January, plus we've had snow. Orange koi in our pond and some pink blooms and glossy green leaves nearby added slivers of color.


Above are the fabrics I gathered to go with the photos, and below is the background for the fabric collage.


Here's the finished block!



And here are some photos that I took today after yesterday's snowfall. Buddha isn't fazed, and the fish are swimming under the ice.



I'm linking to Nina Marie's Off-the-Wall Friday post at finding-your-voice-off-wall-friday.html
This week, Nina Marie offers a great exercise on finding your artistic voice.

 Have a colorful day

3 comments:

Robbie said...

Always enjoy seeing your pics...you have such a great eye!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Didn't realize you had a pond, let alone one with koi. Poor cold koi...

I think this block captures you month very well.

Sherrie Spangler said...

Thanks, Robbie and Idaho Beauty! It's just a small pond by the front porch and Dave put the koi in when we first moved in four years ago. They've really grown.