Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

An indoor day


It poured rain yesterday. I stopped my car to snap photos of the drama going on over the rocks. No hiking.


Instead, I got my hair cut by a sweet girl named Indigo who moved here last year from Portland, OR. She said I gave off a "Northwest vibe," so I guess my 11 years of living in the Northwest have transformed me. I love the easy, messy look of the cut. My old hair  was getting too long and heavy for hiking.


After a stop on the way home for a sandwich and apple pie, I cocooned at home with the sewing machine and started piecing my daughter's tiny house quilt in a rainbow of colors.



This morning I was met by snow on the mountains and sunshine! It's too chilly and windy for hiking, so I'll devote today to the quilt. Tomorrow: a quilt shop field trip with Judy in the "Valley of the Sun," the Phoenix metro area.


Have a colorful day


3 comments:

sonja said...

nothing like a new haircut to give one a lift.
I love to follow your travels, oh the places you go! They are full of the amazing colors of nature.Thank you for that! Oh,being my last hair cut was Thanksgiving time, i'm overdo, mahalo for reminding me

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Beautiful pix, and can't wait to see your new "do"! Mere hours away... see ya soon!

Robbie said...

Look forward to the new cut too!!! Love your travels...and as I said on a previous post, your hiking!!! You go girl!