Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, March 11, 2019

Feet and Forks SW and Keith's birthday


That's my boy and one of my grand dogs. He's 33 years old today. I love him to pieces and am so proud of him. Happy birthday Keith!


Moving on to another celebration, my Feet and Forks buddy Kandi met me in Sedona for hiking and Mexican food. Here we are having happy hour on the deck yesterday after a long hike on the Broken Arrow Trail. Below is Kandi on Submarine Rock.


Here we are on Broken Arrow. You can see one of the ubiquitous Pink Jeeps in the background. They take tourists out into the rocks. I've never done a Pink Jeep tour because I'd much rather hike in peace and quiet.



After happy hour, we hit the Javelina Cantina for Mexican food. Leftovers tonight, yum!

Today we hiked Marg's Draw, which gave us more spectacular views like the one below. Toward the end of the hike, the clouds moved in and now the forecast calls for a few days of rain. That will be good weather for sewing.



Have a colorful day


3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

This all made me smile!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Glad you had a hiking friend to share your day... sounds like you enjoyed both the hike and the yummy eats too! And congrats to your son, and to you for being his mom!

Robbie said...

I would love to hike like you do!!!! That is wonderful to have that opportunity. Aren't our 'boys' so special! Mine turned 50 this past year! I love your grand dog too!!!!