Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Artistic snippets and aprons


My fellow quilt artists can appreciate this first picture! Found it on Facebook.


Yesterday my STITCH group of art quilters met and we put the finishing touches on our art aprons. I blogged about making the aprons here: making-art-aprons-with-stitch.html


I brought some black and white Posca paint pens for everyone to try and they loved them because they're very opaque and vivid compared with the white markers from the big-box craft store. I ordered mine on Amazon. They come in all sorts of colors and sizes, from fine tip to bold.


There were only four of us at yesterday's meeting. Here are our aprons.


The weather was so nice that we met outside on Karen's deck with a gorgeous view over the water. It's hard to distinguish it from the clouds, but that's the top of Mount Rainier in the middle of the horizon.


Linda used my show-and-tell quilt to block the breeze from her shoulder. I think she wears it well!


On the way home, a quick stop at the grocery store yielded dinner. Why not? One of the perks of being suddenly single is never having to cook for anyone else unless you want to. I added a sliced banana to make it healthy and enjoyed it with a recorded documentary on the Rolling Stones. A dinner-and-a-movie date with myself.


Today the beautiful weather continued, and I snapped these pictures of dinner plate dahlias outside of a shop. Flowers grow really well out here in the Northwest.



Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the aprons! They are really spectacolor, lol! And the flowers are truly amazing... as for your dinner choice, my inner dietitian is clucking her tongue, but guess once in awhile can't hurt, huh? Enjoy the perks!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your dinner choice is the reason that when I "feel" like a sundae, I drag Terry to the Daii Fair that my daughter's friend owns. No left overs like when I buy the stuff to make it at home, lol. Well you had a nice meet with the group. The aprons are awesome.
xx, Carol