Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Binky free, sweet little Bunners


Bunners, our sweet little rabbit who was almost 13, passed away today. 


She gave us so much joy and many, many laughs for just being a little two-pound ball of fur.



She gamely posed for photographs.




She put up with a night in a hotel bathtub after we smuggled her into the hotel in a big shoulder bag. She was totally perplexed, poor thing.


She suffered the indignity of being labeled "The Love Bunny" on a Valentine's card.



But we made sure she always had plenty of treats, snuggles and love.




She loved being held by the ladies.





And she was the subject of two of my quilts, back in her chunkier days.



She was sleek and sassy in her younger years and tiny and sweet when she became an old lady. Here she is as a youngster.



 We love you Bunners.
There will never be another you.





5 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Sherrie, my heart breaks for your loss! I have loved every post you wrote about sweet Bunners, and I'm sure she will be missed. Hugs...

Lynda said...

Sherrie, So sad to hear about Bunners. She had an amazing life with you. Sending you a hug.

Robbie said...

I am so sorry!!! But Bunners had a wonderful life and look at all the wonderful memories you all have!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I hate to read that you have lost your bunny. What a sweetie. I just have no words.
Much Love
Carol

The Idaho Beauty said...

Bunners really opened my eyes to what kind of pet a rabbit could be. Having no experience with pet rabbits, I didn't know how to respond when I came to visit you for a few days. But Bunners really won me over those mornings when I was up before you, Bunners keeping me company and accepting a bit of banana as you'd instructed me to share. Farewell little one.