Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Quilts from vacation

 

I went back to visit some friends in Washington over the past few weeks and I was surprised by this wonderful wool appliqué quilt made by the Woolies group that I left behind when I moved! I was so touched. It's the first time anyone has made a quilt for me!


Each of them made a coffee cup block and then Pam put it together and Carolynn quilted it. You can see the steam in these closeups. Every one is a little treasure, and I'm going to hang it in my entry.




I also met with my Sew Day group (all of this was socially distanced). I haven't met with a single quilter since I moved (the guild isn't meeting), so it was great to see what others have been doing. 

Here are some show and tells from the two groups:



Pardon the interruption. This is the taco soup that Linda J. made for Sew Day. There were also chocolate cupcakes at Woolies.



Seems like everyone was getting into the Christmas spirit early. I know I've made a bunch of Christmas gifts while isolating at home.



On my way out of town, I stopped at my favorite quilt shop -- the Quilted Strait in Port Gamble -- and bought some fat quarters in this lusciously colored collection. I'm thinking of a blue desert sky, green cactuses, and sunset borders.

Have a colorful day

4 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

How lovely, and I'm so glad you were able to meet with friends and visit!
Are you home now? Hope it's cooler down there!

Lynda said...

Sherrie, What a wonderful trip. So glad you were able to catch up with friends and family. Love the sweet quilt they made you. Looking forward to seeing it when we chat. Again, so glad you enjoyed your trip. Now I can't wait to see what you make with your new fabric.

Kathy Pitts said...

I am so going to stop at Quilted Strait on Friday on my way back home (Sequim) from Silverdale. Thanks for the heads up.
Kathy

Robbie said...

So glad you got back to see some of your friends!!! I can see where it would be hard not being around quilters! But...it will happen!!! Love the taco soup and chocolate cupcakes! YUM!!!