Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, June 25, 2022

It's cool again!


Yessiree, there was celebrating last night! My new HVAC system was installed yesterday and I can finally relax in comfort in my own home for the first time in almost two weeks!

It was a big production, with a crane pulling up to the house at 7 a.m. to lift out the old compressor and deliver the new one. They had to get it over a rock wall with no gate, which is why they needed a crane.

Then a crew swung into action and got everything hooked up and tested while I sat outside in the shade because it was 95 degrees inside. By 1:30 it was pumping blissfully cool air into the house and by 5 it was cooled down to 77 degrees.

The night before I stayed with Beth and got lots of love in the morning from her dog, Sunshine, on the right, and a friend's dog, Lexi.



And before that I stayed with a friend across town for a few days. Here he is "orchestrating" the monsoon sunset. (Actually, he was taking a picture.) We didn't get rain in that part of town, but we had plenty of dramatic clouds. When the monsoon rain finally comes it will cool things off outside.




Have a colorful day



2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

So glad you're back in a cool space, and thank goodness with friends who will let you "crash" with them during your crisis!

The Idaho Beauty said...

I think that girl on the left lived in my college dorm . . . lol

Yeah for working a/c! Now you know who your friends are for sure. :-)