Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, March 24, 2024

New spirit doll needs a name


I can't decide on a name for my latest spirit doll. Any suggestions? I made her from scraps that I thought looked nice when layered, then I added blue feathers and turquoise nuggets for contrast.


Maybe "Sunset Spirit"?
This was our sunset a few nights ago.
Or "Southwest Spirit"?



I have more scraps on my cutting board, and I'm thinking of stamping some of the orange with petroglyph designs.


I love this quote with the idea of using our own colors for situations life gives us.

Have a colorful day




4 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

This one immediately reminded me of a jazz or blues singer from the 20's. Don't know if that helps you with a name.

Lynda Heines said...

She is so pretty. I like your name Sunset Spirit.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

My first thought was Sunshine! Ooh, I love your idea about stamping some petroglyphs on the orange material in your sash... nice touch!

sonja said...

Sunny!