Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, September 29, 2024

Sweet Juniper!



I just got back from a week in Spokane of cuddling, kissing and playing with my sweet little granddaughter, Juniper! I got home yesterday and I already miss her smiling face (which you won't see because her parents don't want her face on social media).


She has the most awesome playpen. It's HUGE and has instruments, books, stuffed animals, and all sorts of colorful toys. When the opening is unzipped, she can crawl into and out of it as she desires. Grandma spent quite a lot of time in there!


The keyboard is one of her favorites. DJ Juniper gets a beat going and then bobs her head and rocks back and forth while working those buttons and dials.


Jade couldn't work on his laptop without Juniper wanting to participate, so they gave her Julia's old dead laptop. Problem solved!


She's mastered crawling and now she's pulling herself up to stand. I'm sure she'll be walking by my next visit.


I made this quilt about 15 years ago from some of Julia's old clothes that I also made. I was hoping that someday she would have a baby who could use it.


Here she is in the rose garden of Manito Park, where Julia and Jade got married a year ago. The wedding seems like just yesterday.


The park was in beautiful bloom for my visit and the weather was gorgeous.



We walked her in her stroller quite a bit, lulling her to sleep and enjoying the fall flowers. Here are a few shots from our neighborhood walks.







It was so wonderful watching my daughter love being a mother. And, of course, there has to be a food picture! Julia made a chocolate wacky cake for when Jade's parents came over my last day there.


Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I'm so happy you're getting to watch her grow!