I took stock today of this summer's sewing projects before I cleared off my work table to start another one. I'm still working on my hand-stitched quote collages, which I started last summer. I don't know what I'm going to do with them, but there are lots of possibilities.
Here's one that's completed and one that I haven't started stitching yet. I always take them when I travel for something to do in down time.
I also went on a zippered pouch bender. They have clear vinyl fronts so you can see what's in them. I plan to use these for gifts, but I made one for myself that I use for my charging cords when I travel.
I have a basket of colorful zippers and an endless fabric supply, so I might make more!
Then there are the snow people Christmas ornaments, which I did in a quick burst over a few days. Each one was made for a particular family member.
And here's the next project -- another Christmas tree wool appliqué wall hanging! This is another project that I can take when traveling because it's all hand stitching.

The first step is to trace the pattern pieces onto the dull side of freezer paper. Then you cut them out and iron the shiny side to wool. Then you cut out the wool along the pattern pieces, peel the freezer paper off and appliqué the wool to the white background rectangles and embellish to the max.
This is the one I made a couple of years ago. I love adding the little fun details. The new one will have brighter colors like apple green, pink and lilac.
Here are some details from the first one.
It looks like I'll be inside sewing for awhile. Here's tonight's weather report. It'll be a long time before I can get back to hiking. I noted this evening that all of the local weather reporters wore hot colors!
Parting shot: My daughter inherited my love of color. She just posted this. We both notice when colors match. (Like me noticing the weather reporters' red hot dresses that matched the forecast.) This is part of my daughter's collection of thrifted vintage towels and sheets in my favorite colors!

Have a colorful day














No comments:
Post a Comment