I'm working on this year's Christmas ornaments for the family -- The Snow People! (I will not call them "snowmen" because that eliminates half of the snow people population.)
I started with little Juniper. Her favorite color is blue, and she has blue eyes and curly blonde hair that I made with French knots. For the bodies and scarves and hats I used scraps of felted wool.
Then I made her mom and dad. Jade's favorite color is blue and Julia's is yellow. I didn't intend for her hair to stick out in all directions, but I decided it's rather appropriate because she's usually frazzled. Every time I see Jade his hair is either a different style or shaved off, so I left him bald. Maybe I'll give him a hat.

Picking out the colors of scarves from my felted wool and buttons from my button collection feeds my need to play with color!
This is my son and daughter in law, who don't have human kids but do have dogs. They've been together a long time and get along so well that I had to give them matching hats and scarves.
I forgot I had the dog buttons but I found them when I was rummaging around in a bin of buttons.
Have a colorful day











1 comment:
Oh, I love them, they're perfect! And I love that you put so much thought into color! No surprise there, right! I hope they will be cherished for many years to come!
Post a Comment