Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

It's Spring!


It's the first day of Spring and it was bursting with blue skies and pink and yellow flowers here in the Pacific Northwest! It's a lot lighter, the rain is less frequent and the highs are up in the 50s and near 60.


I spent some time today taking more photos for my monthly block and pulling fabrics together to go with the photo colors. Orange, pink and yellow have a strong presence this month, from sunrises, sunsets and flowers.


A few evenings ago we had this glorious sunset, reflected in the water. It even made the evening news.


Water in all its hues washes through the days and nights here, and I will try to capture those colors in my monthly fabric collage blocks.



Below is this foggy morning on the first day of Spring. By the time I finished my coffee, the fog had burned off and blue skies prevailed.


And soon the Easter Bunny will be here! What says Spring more than a cute bunny in a basket? That's Bailey, one of my daughter's three rabbits and my grand bunny. 


 Have a colorful day





4 comments:

Julia said...

Bailey is such a perfect model. I can’t get over her!

sonja said...

The colors of sky and fabric always get my juices drooling!!!!
you really got some beauties there!!!
And Bailey is sooo sweet!!!

Luann Fischer said...

Your early morning fog image makes me want to just gaze upon it and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea.
The fabrics your pulling for this month’s project are scrumptious. Can’t wait to see what you create.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

So glad you are having some nice Spring weather there... and your pix and fabric are lovely. Is that a Camellia? Haven't seen those for years... not up here in the High Country, that's for sure! Enjoy composing your block of the month... I look forward to seeing what you create!