Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, March 30, 2018

Packing, moving


We're on the move again, this time to a rental while we look for land on which to build our forever home and Dave's dream shop. I'll get to design my studio so that everything fits and has good lighting!


I spent weeks packing books and other items that can go into storage, but today I faced the sewing room. I always hate to pack away the fabric because I feel untethered without being able to look at it.


Pretty soon I won't be able to walk through the house without climbing over boxes. Dave had planned to move them up to the garage as I packed, but now he's come down with what seems to be the dreaded flu. I just read that there's an outbreak of Influenza Type B here, so I think that's what he might have. 

I'm crossing my fingers that I don't get it, because we have to be out of this house by the end of April and there's so much to be done.


I can't even count how many rolls of tape and boxes I've gone through. 


But I AM going to save my "happy space" for last. This is a little area tucked behind the couch looking out the windows where I do my hand stitching and meditate on the clouds and water. I'll sure miss it, but I'm sure I'll find another happy space at the new house.


Have a colorful day


8 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Well, at least you have found somewhere to stay while you design your dream home! Now, tell me that you and Dave HAVE had your flu shots... if not, I'm gonna smack you! The strains just keep getting uglier & uglier... nothing to mess with, especially as we transition into the Golden years and beyond! Hope it passes quickly, and hope you don't get it too.

Sherrie Spangler said...

Judy -- We absolutely got our flu shots, but I'm pretty sure thats what he has.

Robbie said...

Sounds like you are very happy About this new adventure! Good for you! Are you moving out of state? Hope you don't get sick too!!!! Take care

Living to work - working to live said...

Good luck with the move and the flu. I find moving very disruptive - not in the obvious way but I find it disturbs my inner calm. Luckily I've got another year in my current house. Good luck with all the packing and I hope the flu does not take hold for it can be debilitating.

Lynda said...

Sherrie, Ugh! I can't imagine moving again, but to be able to design your play space will be worth it. Hope hubby gets well soon. Keep us posted on your progress.

Anonymous said...

Let us know if you need any help- We will be gone from April 5-12, but will be around after that....
Moving is good- makes you purge! LOL

Ashoka Packers and Movers said...

Best packing and moving services at affordable price.

Packers and Movers in Secunderabad

JD said...

Moving Companies in Abu Dhabi
https://wemovers.ae/blog/moving-companies-in-abu-dhabi?id=4
Professional Movers in Abu Dhabi #1 Moving companies in Abu Dhabi Offers Budget Moving Services Abu Dhabi Professional Movers Award Winner Offers Urgent Movers in Abu Dhabi.
1632115900696-10