Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Color blocks and a good stiff drink


First the drink. As I've mentioned, I'm going through a really tough, sad, emotional time, and my friends are rallying around. I went to a Thai restaurant Sunday with a friend and the first thing I wanted was a cold, sweet, Thai iced tea. We each had one, and it was so good. 


Since this "thing" exploded and caught me totally unsuspecting on Christmas Eve, I haven't been able to focus on sewing. But I did pin together my monthly color blocks from last year. I was going to sew them onto Osnaburg cloth, a nubby natural cotton, but the fabric store was out of it so I went with an off-white duck cloth. It's stiffer, but that may work better. I haven't figured out anything beyond that. I'm running on adrenaline, and I think that's why I can't focus.

Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Julia said...

I think you should take a boxing class with Dawn! Channel that adrenaline!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I recall walking was a great stress reliever during my experience, many years ago. I did a lot of drinking too back then, but the walking was a better choice for me! I do love the color blocks you have put together... hopefully you will be able to sew soon...

Unknown said...

My thoughts and prayers are pulling for you during this difficult time.

Luann Fischer said...

Sherrie,
Take the time you need to move through this difficult season of your life. I don’t know what you’re dealing with, but I know that all seasons eventually unfold into the next one. I’ve been through enough to KNOW this to be true. The most significant word to this is ‘through’ as long as you keep moving (and yes sometimes that’s in reverse) you are in motion, and the season will resolve. I lift you up in my prayers to God, as He knows what the outcome for you will be, and how to help you more than anyone on this side of Heaven. I agree with Judy that walking can really help get through things, even if you complain the whole time to God, He can take it, and show you your next step. Sometimes, it’s to just sit quietly and feel the emotions. Just stay hydrated, I found that I need more water at these difficult seasons of life. May God give you the strength each day to move through life one day at a time, AMEN.
Luann