Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, February 11, 2019

Snowing, sewing and eating


I'm still snowed in, but I'm okay because I had the ingredients for a Texas chocolate sheet cake.


I dusted it with powdered sugar instead of icing it -- that makes it low-calorie, right?


I also baked a frozen party-size pan of lasagne yesterday morning so that it would be ready to eat if the power goes out again. We have a gas stove, so I can at least light that to reheat food.


I'm also working on three sewing projects. First is cutting out these colorful pieces for a tiny house quilt for my daughter, which I'll sew when I go to Sedona next month.


The blocks go together so quickly that I decided to cut out pieces for another tiny house quilt for my son and his wife. They like rich, warm fall colors, so this is what I pulled out for them. I'll cut them over the next couple of days while I'm still snowed in.


And I'm also putting together packages of applique blocks to take to Sedona for hand stitching. This is for the Sue Spargo Fresh Cut quilt that I've been working on for awhile.


We got about nine inches of snow Friday-Saturday, then a few more inches yesterday, and now it's coming down very hard and is supposed to continue for the next day. After that it may change to rain -- or sleet or still snow. At any rate, it's going to be a mess all week.

I'm having to miss my Woolies meeting today and STITCH tomorrow, and yoga classes have been cancelled. 


I'm not going anywhere on this driveway. You can get a glimpse of how steep it is.


But it IS beautiful! 
It's like a winter wonderland out there.

I'm embracing the peacefulness and am thankful that I have the luxury of being able to stay home.



 Have a colorful day







3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Ooh, all that comfort food! You won't want to leave the house as long as there is all that to sustain you! And it looks like you're having a good time getting all those colorful projects ready... lots to keep your fingers busy next month. I think we ought to schedule another day so I can get you out hiking! Enjoy that beautiful snowy scenery while it's there... I think that has to be better than the usual dreary gray, huh? Sorry you'll miss your groups, but I don't blame you for not wanting to slip and slide out there...

Elizabeth in Rosedale said...

Sherrie - the beauty you create is food for my sole. I love your colorful world of quilts and messages of strength and kindness are a blessing. Elizabeth

Robbie said...

The snow is beautiful for sure!!!! Love the pics and the sheet cake looks great...always good to be prepared with some good food!!!